Saturday, June 29, 2024

{6:30am}

Trying to figure out how early is an acceptable/don't hack off the neighbors time for me to trim the frontyard. My husband cut it at around 7pm last night, and he still got too hot. He's been the one who's maintained our church property for these last many years, and just this month the church has hired a crew to do it. Very thankful. My sweetheart has been frying his brain. When it takes a couple of days to lose a headache after outdoor work, then something's gotta change. 

Have been awake since 5am anyway. Maggie began banging around in her kennel then, and as it's in our room, well, she achieved her goal. I waited her out til 5:45am, then came outside with both pups. 

Speaking of which, my husband said again yesterday that three was the perfect number for dog ownership, and I decided at that moment that maybe I can allow for that with his second wife. My hands, as the first wife, are full. Seriously, though? 

The only reason the topic came up was newlywed daughter is adopting a young stray that landed in the veterinary hospital where she works. A tad concerned as it's a pit bull, but not my worry. But still, my husband locks in on that 3 number. 

I call it the need for continual stimulation affliction. Daughter carries the gene as well, and it is a thing.  But to be honest, I'm probably too much the opposite type. I can sit still for ages. Call me boring...I don't care.

Will be on my way now and take my sedentary self inside. Dogs need feeding, and I need a nap before the day gets really underway. 

Enjoy your weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment