Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Midweek and holding on

Gary brought home his scale from the workshop.  Now the rubber meets the road, so to speak.  Now I can't deny if I go up or down. Just weighed myself and while the number doesn't thrill me, it's not any higher than it was the last time I checked at my mom's.

So.  I do admit to feeling better with lowering my sugar intake.  Where I've been in the habit of grabbing whatever I want whenever I want it---have used self-control since Saturday and honestly do feel better.  My sugar cravings have lessened considerably.

And while I wish I'd had more fresh things in the house for the last few days, it's what it is.  Rather than going to sweets for a snack, I've had a bowl of Shredded Wheat or Cream of Wheat.  Filling and not high in calories.  I figure whole-type grains are way better than something over-processed and loaded with stuff.  Seems to make sense.

Patting myself on the back for not giving up and taking better care.  Might take a long time to get where I want to be, but that's okay.  I'm not going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment