Monday, October 1, 2012

Just today

While I know where my weight has been paused for a couple of months, maybe that can be my starting point in moving backwards.  We don't have a scale at our house, so usually I weigh myself when I take the kids to my mom's.  That seems sufficient, because if I weighed daily (thinking to myself here), I believe I'd end up over-thinking the whole process. Would worry about salt content, water weight, and a bit of sugar that might squeeze in---pester myself when the weight went up, but forget to praise myself when it went down. That's just the way my head works.

Mentally I feel much better---well, not ecstatic since I don't tend to be that sort of person, but deeply pleased inside that I'm doing something that makes me healthier, and will in time allow me the benefit of looking good in a pair of jeans.

Ain't nothin' wrong with a tiny bit of vanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment